Would you like to work for one of the most dynamic organisation’s that provides entertainment and service delivery of the highest of standards? Enjoy benefits of working with a diverse and innovative industry?
The Events Centre Caloundra is the largest performing arts and conference centre on the Sunshine Coast. Our vision is to be Queensland’s leading regional venue for arts, entertainment, cultural and corporate events while providing diverse business events and exceptional service delivery for the local community and visitors to the Sunshine Coast.
About the Role
· Managing food service operations for the kitchen, café and conference functions
· Ensuring food philosophy, safety standards, preparation, presentation and cooking techniques are established and monitored to meet and maintain high quality standards and guidelines.
· Produce creative and innovative menu designs, and ensuring catering menus are current to recipe specifications and budget requirements.
· Maintain food and labour costs at budgeted levels.
· Establish on the job training programs for new and existing employees.
· Maintain standards of hygiene for food handling and presentation.
· Manage event organiser’s enquiries and strive for customer satisfaction.
If you are energetic, motivated and have strong work ethics we would like to meet you. We require a natural leader, organised and able to lead and motivate your team. Other qualifications and experience include:
· Professional chef qualifications
· Food Safety Supervisor and HACCP Certification
· Experience in large banqueting operations from 50 to 500 delegates/patrons.
· Knowledge and understanding of budgetary preparation and financial control methods.
· Experience in running food operations and leading kitchen employees
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
· Availability weekends, nights and split shifts
· Motivated to focus on continual improvements and working in a team environment
· Creative flair for menu planning and development
· Can work under pressure for large numbers of patrons
If you’re up for the challenge please attach your cover letter and resume addressing the role requirements.
View the full Position Description here
Submit your application via Seek here
Or submit your application via email to
Any enquiries please email Carley Waters – Acting Conference and Events Manager
There are no casual positions currently available
Work Experience & Volunteering
Please contact the Centre for more information or email email@example.com