OPERA QUEENSLAND SONGS TO DIE FOR PRESENTED BY THE EVENTS CENTRE
Queenslanders are dying to see the brand-new touring work from Opera Queensland, Songs To Die For, a cheeky, celebratory and ultimately reverend look at Opera’s relationship with the art of dying.
Songs to Die For is directed by Opera Queensland Artistic Director Patrick Nolan and stars leading artists; Soprano Rebecca Cassidy, Mezzo Soprano Jessica Low, Baritone Jason Barry-Smith with musicians Scott Saunders and Trevor Jones.
Weaving some of the great operatic death scenes from Purcell to Wagner with contemporary pop songs from artists like Amy Winehouse and Kurt Cobain. Mr Nolan believes Songs To Die For reveals that a great song speaks to the soul regardless of when it was written.
“Songs to Die For draws on the power of music to explore our relationship with death in ways that are both tender and laugh out loud funny”.
Concept and Direction Patrick Nolan
Musical Director Scott Saunders
Designer Leigh Buchanan
Soprano Rebecca Cassidy
Mezzo Soprano Jessica Low
Baritone Jason Barry-Smith
Musicians Scott Saunders and Trevor Jones
VIP – Meal and Show Package Details – Only $70
* Best seats in the Playhouse
* Pre-show alternate drop lunch 2 hours prior to the performance (midday)
* Lunchtime address by Opera Queensland special guest Mark Taylor
* VIP lanyard
VIP alternate drop lunch menu
Self-serve tea and coffee and bread rolls pre-set on tables
• Option 1 Herb Roasted Chicken Breast
• Option 2 Beef Rissoles
Both options (GF) are served with creamy potato mash, steamed greens & onion gravy
• Vegetarian Option Char Grilled Eggplant Steak – Creamy Mash Potatoes – Steamed Greens – Roasted Tomato and Onion Relish (GF, V)
• Golden Syrup Steamed Pudding served with Vanilla Custard and Glace Cherries
DURATION: Approximately 2 hours, includes a 20 minute interval (subject to change without notice)